Saturday, May 8, 2010

First Harvest

Ah, harvest time ... just a few weeks after planting season. Gotta love those onion sets for quick turn around. Sadly, though, I may have jumped the gun. Take a look.


Peppers Not So Poppin'
The strongest of the bunch have each been planted, but things aren't all looking up. The banana peppers are looking quite strong, read jalapenos y to bear fruit. The bell peppers look like they'll pass with a solid B, but the others are iffy. The look a little sickly, but I have faith they'll pull through. The pepperoncinis, though, are still quite sad. My faith is not as secure there.

Fruit
There are some pleasant surprises in the garden. My blueberry plant has blossoms--there is hope that this season will be a success after all. Granted, it's still early, so I may be wrong, but I feel pretty good about this one.

The strawberry plant is looking good, too. There were some berries on it when I bought it, so I don't even have to have faith in this one. As they say, seeing is believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment