Monday, July 26, 2010

Garden Update: Lucky #13

It's getting thick out there. Everything looks luscious and green and full of life--just like I dreamed it could be last winter.

Peppers
All the pepper plants are thriving in the South Dakota heat and humidity. I will have a full banana pepper harvest, with the jalapenos coming in a very close second in the race for success.
Crazy jalapenos

As you can see, the bell peppers are a little behind the curve. This is the first to say "hello" to the garden ... and it's still pretty small. The plants themselves are considerably undersized, so I don't think there will be a big harvest from that sector.
Bell pepper

These pots are quite lucky compared to their wild counterparts. When it's windy, they get moved to shelter. When there's rain, they get pushed into the precipitation. Heck, these lucky guys get to sit in a chair.
Pampered potted plants

Memo From the Fruit
The vegetables aren't the only successful. The strawberries are getting ready to give me the fruits of round 4. When the tag said "ever-bearing" I didn't think it'd be this generous.
Freshly formed berries

Tomato plant #2 is also getting ready to produce fruit, too. A little fresh air (away from the central air vent) is doing it some good. Just look at these lovely blossoms, getting ready to become tomato-lings.
Pretty little blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment