Friday, April 9, 2010

Sun and Fun

Sunny spring weather finally seems to be here for good, which means it's time to get dirty.
Planters Found
My internal struggle to decide what containers to plant my food in seems to be over (for now). I found plain terra cotta planters at (where else?) Wal-Mart for cheap, so I've stocked up. If all my seedlings sprout, these probably won't be enough, but it's a good start for now.

New Kid on the Block
I may have gotten too brave. I found a blueberry plant on sale in the Wal-Mart Garden Center. It didn't seem any more difficult than my strawberry pot, so I bought it, and now it's joined the collection. It adds a nice layer to my own produce section since I really don't grow a lot of fruit. Hopefully it doesn't die.

Not Just for Eating
Not everything I'm growing has a practical purpose. I'm growing two pots of tulips (one yellow, one white), and two pots of yellow/orange daffodils. So far, these are by far my most successful specimens. Just this morning, a yellow bloom said 'hello' to the sun for the first time.



Patio Party
It's not quite warm enough out to leave my babies outside 24/7, but today was nice enough to give it a whirl. Everybody spent a good hour and a half or so sunbathing on the patio. It'll be nice when that can be their home. Right now there's a lot of pots strewn about my living room, as close to the windows as possible. It's tough to get outside to enjoy the fresh air or grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment